View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 12:50 PM   #10
BigJimP

For Trap, I prefer an O/U with 32" barrels at around 10 lbs....less left to right barrel movement for Trap where the extra length and weight is an advantage. I have single barrel Trap guns...BT - 100 ....but honestly I don't shoot it as much as my Citori XT in 32".

For Skeet, 5 Stand, Sporting Clays ..and upland birds...I prefer an O/U with 30" barrels at around 8 1/2 lbs...( like the XS Skeet ) ...and while I have them in 12ga, 20ga, 28ga and .410 ...if I only wanted one gun, I'd go with the 12ga model ....and I'd reload 1 oz loads , 7/8 oz loads and 3/4 oz loads in a Rem STS hull.../ but if I wanted to shoot registered targets I'd need a tube set or another gun, so I could shoot the 20ga, 28ga and .410 .../ but my competition days are over....and I just shoot for fun.../ so don't tell my wife, but I could get by with just 2 guns...an XT for Trap and an XS Skeet for the rest....

but I'm not selling any shotguns...( I only have about 18 shotguns ...)...a man needs a little variety sometimes...( at least in guns )...

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries