View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 11:54 AM   #7
22-rimfire

Thanks Arrond for your summary on the Charter Arms Pathfinder in 22LR based on your experiences. I think they deserve a look if you are shopping for a 22 revolver.

The problem is usually.. the look?... or being able to compare. If you can line up a S&W 617, S&W M63, new Ruger SP-101, Ruger LCR-22, Taurus M94, and a Charter Arms Pathfinder... you can do a comparison that you actually matters.

The problem is I have never been to a gun shop that had all of these in stock where you can look at them individually and compare.

At shops, I mostly see Taurus, occasional S&W 617's (more lately), and LCR-22's new for the most part. I've never seen a new model Ruger SP-101 in 22. I have only seen a couple M63's. I believe I have seen one of the Charter Arms Pathfinders in 22LR. So, how do you make a comparison at all personally? And how many would allow you to dry fire a 22 revoler when you are clearly "just lookin"?

So it goes to your impressions when you handle one at a gunshop with usually one or two single guns from the list. I do read the reviews on the forums when they come up and find them interesting. So at the store, you pick them up, check overall fit and finish, aim at the wall, check for functionality, and price of course. Then you decide from what is available.

Next time you go to the gunshop, the exercise repeats itself. Eventually you end up with a number of them if you have the money and interest in DA 22 revolvers. At that point, you can actually compare them and shoot them together and you read comments on this forum.

Quote:
You are tempting me to buy another 22 revolver, as I have 3 and wanting to buy more of those neat guns. My S&W is too nice to be shot. I need a nice 4" beater 22lr.
Yeah, you need another one. Why is your S&W too nice to shoot? I'm also easily tempted when it comes to DA 22 revolvers.

Last edited by 22-rimfire; November 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.02799 seconds with 8 queries