View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 12:14 AM   #73
cannonfire

Good point about the dog, and again I mentioned that you do not get to see the dog or anything since the video starts after the fact. I was simply stating that the dogs don't necessarily have to make a noise to say they think something is back there. AND those dogs are not always correct..

For example: In Iraq, we had a male in a large van pull up to a gas station and started filling (forgive me I forget the exact number) 4-5 55 gallon barrels of fuel. Suspicious indeed, so we brought the bomb sniffing dog out to make sure the male was not creating a bigger boom for a VBIED. The dog sat after sniffing at the rear driver side door, indicating the possibility of explosives. They pulled the dog away and allowed the dog to sniff around, again, it sat at the rear driver door. We called EOD and they came to take a look, it ended up being a car alarm that this guy installed himself, no explosives detected at all.. But the dog sat twice.

Now that is Iraq, not America, but the dogs are still trained the same way. I dont believe that we can argue over what the dog actually did since it was not in the video. No, a dog detecting drugs does not constitute for him to be treated that way, but it does constitute reasonable suspicion that does not require a warrant, and it fully constitutional.

In my opinion, once the police have reasonable suspicion, the "suspect" should have to follow what a LEO says, otherwise, what power to up hold the law do they have if we do not have to abide by their demands?

I do not like the guy as I made clear earlier, I think he is a joker. If you look on youtube, you will find the video of that incident where he cut out the part where he was arguing about allowing the police to arrest him. It is not your job to resist being arrested because you feel that they are wrong, otherwise there would be no criminals in prison. That is the courts job to determine whether the arrest was warranted or not, not yours. It sucks, but that is why we have the judicial branch.

And hey, good for him for getting the charges dropped. But we know that the media influences the courts (it sucks and it shouldn't but it does) and since these were such low charges I would not be surprised if they dropped them because of fear of what rumors would come out (not saying that that is why is was cleared). This guy publicly came out and stated that he wish the president would be killed amongst other things, the media would have a field day with this saying he was imprisoned for saying that about the president, blah blah blah, (I'm way off my point and am just playing Devil's Advocate now)... But at the end of the day, just because someone is cleared of charges does not mean they are not guilty of committing the crime. Everyday murderers and rapists are let free because of a flawed system.

But honestly everything we see on the web is speculative at best and we can not make full arguments over these without the court hearings (I'm guilty too). Those videos were cut to show what he wanted people to see and you could not see him on the ground during the security camera scene. For all we know he could have been biting or trying to fight the officers, but you can not tell from the video.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic, the pastor wasn't even the topic and now I'm ranting about it. The military officer is innocent, IMO

Page generated in 0.04073 seconds with 8 queries