View Single Post
Old February 14, 2006, 04:26 PM   #3
rnovi

Others may have another opinion. Here's my take:

The Accubond is a bonded bullet designed for thin skinned hunting - aka, deer. The core is bonded to the jacket and tends to offer controlled expansion.

The Balistic Tip's I've seen tend to really explode on impact. Thin jacket that expands violently. I suppose if you throw a big enough chunk of lead at something at a reasonable velocity (aka, 30-06 or so) it might perform well. But my gut says they are a bit too fragile to be relied upon for hunting. Accuracy wise though they are very hard to beat.

The Partitions are designed as a premium hunting bullet that offers controlled expansion coupled with deep penetration. Use them on anything you pretty much want. Great bullet.

Other bullets:

Swift A-Frame. Think, Partition on steriods for even deeper penetration without fragging to pieces.

Barnes X: solid copper bullet for maximum penetration with controlled expansion.

Woodleigh bullets. No expansion. Period. Maximum penetration from the get go.

If you like the Accubond, then just use it on thin skinned game. If you want to hunt Boar, then you absolutely want a thicker jacket bullet like the Partition or A-Frame.

"Remember, Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"

Page generated in 0.03079 seconds with 8 queries