View Single Post
Old June 27, 2000, 07:40 PM   #1
BrianF-Jax

Took my gun to the range for the second time today. After a couple minutes shooting, a lot of shells starting getting hung up in the barrel, such that I had to pull the fore-end back hard enough to bend the shell casing -- just to get it out!

I had completely took the gun apart, prior to this shooting session. Is there something thats picky about being put back together thats causing this?

I'm thinking it might just be buildup in the chamber, is it possible theres enough after 100 rds to cause this? I cleaned it, but I have a feeling I didn't give enough attention to that area.

I picked up some Hopp's shooter's choice, I don't think what came with my cleaning kit is too hot. I'll clean it again tonight, and try shooting it again, but I just thought I'd ask!

By the way, the Winchester 12ga 7.5 shot that I bought 100 of at WalMart jammed up much, much more often than the Fiochhi rounds I bought at the range. I shot all the Winchester ammo, and then bought a box of the Fiocchi, thinking maybe the ammo was to blame. The Fiocchi still jammed, but just twice.

Thanks again, didn't mean to go on so long!

-Brian

Page generated in 0.02361 seconds with 8 queries