Thread: Which rifle?
View Single Post
Old August 25, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
wannabe-a-SEAL

Which rifle?

Okay, as some of you may know by moy other posts I have recently purchased a 1941 Ischeveck Mosin Nagant M38. I was planning on getting a turned down bolt, scope mount, scope, a new stock, and possibly even a timney trigger.

Well...... I have since decided to be done with that idea because I like the idea of keeping milsurp guns the way the were intended to be and I just couldn't get my head around spending near $800 on a gun that I bought for $250 and one where ammo is not super abundant..... now I know some will say that they made millions of these guns and go ahead and do it..... I also know that people will bring up the military surplus ammo (I plan on still using this gun for fun and for deer hunting until I get my new gun) so I will still buy surplus and cheap 7.62x54R when I can BUT, I want something that I can get in every store that sells ammo.

Before I decided on my mosin I was stuck between the Stevens 200, Marlin X7, and the Ruger American. I would really like to get a gun that I could build a good hunting and long range gun from. I would like to use the .300 WIN MAG (Which the MArlin does not come in) but am not opposed to 308 WIN or 30-06 by any means. I don't want to buy some $700+ gun.

Please tell me which gun you would get, and it doesn't have to be from the ones I listed, just please tell me what it is and keep it under $400.

OKAY, last paragraph, I live in Oregon and Cabelas, and Dicks are ridiculously priced so if anyone knows of places to get good prices please tell me.

Page generated in 0.03484 seconds with 8 queries