View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 05:39 PM   #50
CrustyFN

Quote:
I stell see no use for the FCD by me. Correctly adjusted dies have loaded ammo that fit all of my guns chambers,
And if you don't want to use them that's fine with us. But don't put us in the same boat as you and tell us if we adjusted our dies correctly we wouldn't need the FCD either. As I said before there are other reasons to use the FCD even if you don't see it.

Quote:
As I've stated, I have not had the need for the Lee FCD. I'm not saying that it isn't helpful for others either. My concern would the post sizing of cast lead rounds. Bullet fit is critical if you want to keep leading to a minimum. I would think that post sizing may lead to increased leading. Has anyone had any issues in regard to this?
You are right 357. Swagging the case down with a lead bullet wouldn't be good. If you are using oversized lead bullets I would recommend not using the FCD. In my experience in the calibers I load with lead bullets sized .001 larger than jacketed I have never had the post sizing ring do anything.

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 8 queries