View Single Post
Old August 10, 2012, 10:47 PM   #52
Malamute

Been some good comments. I agree with the main gist of want, not need.

Saw this commentary on PBD's blog. He makes some good points. Heads up for languge if you go to the blog.

Quoted from PBD's blog,

".....The free exercise of my rights is not contingent on the approval of some parasite government bureaucrat or their pathetic fan club. My right to free speech is not confined to what is considered inoffensive or sensible. I explicitly lay claim to be as offensive as possible without causing provable harm to another. Similarly, the protections offered by the 2nd Amendment to my natural right to keep and bear arms is not limited by “reasonableness” or the comfort level of my neighbors. The words “shall not be infringed” seem completely unambiguous to me, and the use of “militia” in the preamble indicates that anything that is available to light infantry should be available to citizens."

The page in it's entirety,

http://www.papadeltabravo.com/blog/?p=1397
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; August 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Language

Page generated in 0.03190 seconds with 8 queries