View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 10:06 PM   #19
elkman06

Due diligence!!!

I have a friend who moved here to Wyo a few years ago from Michigan. He started going on fishing,etc trips w/ me 2 years ago. He was rather amazed that I drove around w/ a couple rifles whose magazines were loaded. He puzzled and commented on it a few times which I thought somewhat amusing. Last year we went elk hunting together for a few days, utilizing my truck from area to area. At one point, after getting back into the truck, he once again commented about how funny it was that we drove around out here with our rifles loaded. His comment struck me funny and so I asked what his impression of it was. I discovered that he thought I meant that I had bullets in the chamber of each of my rifles. When I pulled over and stopped he looked at me funny. Then I suggested he take the round out of his chamber on his 300 weatherby. He complied.

Point being, when hunting by yourself, and particularly w/ someone else,,DO NOT assume anything. It's like talking about safety at work..it's worth doing on every level.
elkman06

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries