View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Tom2

Canadians are getting new shipments of Russian SKS and they are only paying 250 for them. I would say the starting prices now for a good Russ would be 350 here, and then whatever someone wants to ask for them. Sorry, an SKS is not a 500$ gun to me unless it was a super rare country or Joe Stalins personal rifle. I understand the economics of supply/demand but you do have to reach the point where you ask-is this really worth the asking price? Unless you are a collector, you will pay for that which you simply must have. Probably some crappy guns that cost alot more because of rarity now, regardless of shootability or reliability. Look at the old 1878 model COlts, they were frowned upon at one time as they were a flimsy DA action and broke alot. Now they are high regardless of durability. This is not to say these qualities apply to SKS, just that if they keep going up, it will not be because of their performance or design being that desireable.

Page generated in 0.02106 seconds with 8 queries