View Single Post
Old December 25, 2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Joe_Pike

Merry Christmas, The Police Just Left My House

My adrenaline is pumping like crazy right now.

I had fallen asleep on the couch with the TV on and had been there less than an hour when I heard a window break, It was the door closest to me that leads to the carport. I woke up with my heart beating like crazy and grabbed a Keltec P32 and ran to the door in my skivvies to see what the heck was going on. I spotted a male out by my car wondering around. I immediately ran to the bedroom and threw on some clothes and grabbed my SA SD9 and a flashlight. I checked to see that no one was actively trying to get in the house and then grabbed the phone to call 911. I imagine that all of this took no more than 60-90 seconds.

Two officers arrived a couple of minutes later. I put my gun down on the couch and stepped outside to meet them only they were heading next door. I then see that they had a guy on the ground and were cuffing him. One officer came over and told me that the guy was extremely drunk.

As I looked around, I noticed that the guy had probably broke the window with his hand or arm or something since I couldn't find a rock. He had opened my electrical box, pushed my trash can several feet and tried to tear my mail box off of the house.

They arrested him for property damage since they couldn't prove he was trying to get into my house. That seemed pretty obvious to me, but apparently the law favors the criminal. Good thing for him he didn't get into the house because I was fully prepared to shoot.

I'm glad that I keep several guns around for stuff like this even though I don't want this type of thing to ever happen again as it scared the crap out of me. You never know how you will react, but I did just as I always thought that I should.

I Just need to vent a little so I could calm down some. Thanks for listening.

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries