View Single Post
Old August 16, 2002, 01:40 PM   #9
HSGI

Goet ,
First of all , what type of leather is it and where did you get it . Tandy leather is not the best in my book , unless it is named before hand . Great for hobbiest , but not for a professional with his name on the line .
Another concideration is where your AO is and how much do you sweat ? Sometimes no matter how much you seal your leather , pirsperation will prevail .
Most wallets are black or brown , so I think green will stand out more . You may stamp/tool a design on your wallet/holster to better conceal it better .
I usually seal leather with Acrylic resolene which will give a shine and Saddle Butter to help condition the leather . Saddle Soap is " NOT " a sealer or conditioner !
Sometimes a lining leather will help , but eventually sweat will penetrate it all well .
I see so many people clean their handgun , but not their leather . Which goes to ask , do they put on dirty socks after taking a shower ?
I would recomend that you use or sand down your leather to 7/8 oz. . An oz. is close to 1/64 th of an inch .
HSGI
Gene

Page generated in 0.02424 seconds with 8 queries