View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 07:57 AM   #12
dahermit

Quote:
In the future post some other types being made if possible
I do not think I would have the patients to do it again. The process (taking pictures, editing pictures, putting pictures on PhotoBucket, writing and editing the text), of showing how it is done is as much or more work than making the holster itself. My purpose in doing it this time, was to give a general impression of how it is done and by all means, not meant to be a definitive work. If I wanted to do this again (pictures, instructions), I would do it with more and better pictures and instructions, and make a book out of it and try to market the book. The best I can do is to post a few pictures of some of the holsters I have made.

This is an open-top, integral sewn-on drop-loop, belt holster, no retention strap, holster for a S&W 13 Snubbie.

This is a copy of an "Askin's Avenger", wet molded to the gun, complete with a snap to receive the removable retention strap (not shown).

A collage of several of the holsters I have made. Note the "rough-out" for the Snubbie; it has a thumb-break retention snap. If I had to use a retention strap, thumb-break (in my opinion), is the best way to go...hit it with your thumb, and the gun pops free.

This is another open-top, integral sewn-on drop-loop, belt holster, no retention strap, holster for a S&W 36 Snubbie... the one on the left has a Kangaroo lining.

Last edited by dahermit; July 14, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 8 queries