View Single Post
Old September 13, 2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Charlie98

Quote:
Charlie, there are a couple of things to do with a Ruger SA to make them shoot lites out. First, get a Belt Mountain Base Pin (I use the lock screw variety) Second, bring it to your Smith for a trigger job and installation of the Base Pin.

The Bisley mods you are considering - you're well down the road of a new Bisley in buying grip frame, cylinder, and installation.
No, no... not me. I posted those photos to show the difference to the OP in the grip frames.

I do have a BM base pin installed, it did help, but it still isn't everything I'd hoped for. I've wrestled with every... every Ruger pistol I've ever owned and I'm just tired of it. I'm going to find a nice Dan Wesson and live happily ever after...

Quote:
The reason I am concerned about the grip is because of the statements that have been made about the Bisley being a lot easier on the hand. I have shot hot loads out of a Vaquero. It can be a little painful.
I've fired some Cast Performance 250grn slugs under 19.0grn W296 in my .41 Bisley... it was stout but didn't hurt my hand. I have a pair of PAST gloves with the padding in the palm, they help if you are going to shoot a lot, or your palm is sensitive to recoil. The Bisley grip isn't super bulky, it's just a very well shaped 'handle.'

Page generated in 0.02621 seconds with 8 queries