View Single Post
Old February 14, 2010, 10:30 AM   #71
The Tourist

I think we look at this problem backwards. In discussing knife/gun combinations I believe we unconsciously imagine that the knife chosen is an adjunct to our weapons system. I disagree here. I think the best way to pick a knife to enhance the gun is to not think of "defense" at all. Follow me on this.

If I have the "best" SD pistol made, then what I need is a tool, not another piece of weaponry. I'll still need to do simple repairs, open UPS boxes and cut my food.

If all of your daily carry items (including an edged tool) are geared for defense, you essentially have no knife with you.

Yes, a Kabar is a good knife. A tad clumsy to slice your steak at a restaurant. In a survey of Vietnam vets, the most common knife mentioned was their SAK.

My EDC items include two knives. The most useful is the little Spyderco Slip with a blade a touch over one inch long.

If you only carry five flashlights--but no gun--you can see quite well. But you need a SD device, be that a pistol, knife or contact weapon (like an ASP).

Your knife selection should have qualities not provided by your safety equipment.

Page generated in 0.03176 seconds with 8 queries