View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 04:04 PM   #129
scrubcedar

Manta, part of our laws forbid "cruel and unusual punishment". By the spirit of the law, and maybe by the letter of the law, they completely crossed the line there.
If you know he is wounded, what's wrong with waiting at a safe range and seeing if his wound doesn't change his mind about surrendering?
Yes, if you handed me a bullhorn and said, "If you don't go and try to talk this out of here, we're going to burn him to death, and Oh, by the way he's wounded and can't run away." I would do my best, no matter who it was, to try to talk him out even if he might shoot at me. I really think you would probably do that too.
If this guy went to trial, was convicted, then sentenced to death I wouldn't have even one problem. The manner of his death is what bothers me. No judge, no jury, what amounted to a legal lynch mob determining what the proper course was is the problem.
I'm really worried that none of this is going is going to be closely examined because he's dead and there seems to be very little outcry.

Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 8 queries