View Single Post
Old April 14, 2013, 07:35 PM   #30
m&p45acp10+1

All my revolvers have seen for the past 3 years is cast lead. The exception is one that I use for hog country. That one gets a couple of jacketed rounds a year. Cleaning my guns takes less than 20 minutes total for any of them. I do not use a drill. All I use is a cleaning brush, and patches. I use an old tooth brush for the cylinder face.

Step 1. While gun is still warm at the range spary with M-Pro7 gun cleaner.
Step 2 Put away in range bag for the ride home.
Step 3 After arriving at home take the gun out.
Step 4 Take brush on cleaning rod wet with gun cleaner. Brush all cylinders, and the barrel.
Step 5 Wet old tooth brush with gun cleaner, and clean the forcing cone, top strap, and cylinder face.
Step 6 Run a patch dampened with gun cleaner through the barrel, and all of the cylinders.
Step 7 Run clean dry patch down the barrel, and then one for the cylinder bores.
Step 8 Wet clean patch with oil in the barrel, and all chambers of the cylinder. Also a wet patch with oil on all surfaces on the gun.
Step 9 Run a dry clean patch down the barrel, and one down the bores of the clyinder.
Step 10 with a dry clean rag wipe down the rest of the gun to remove the excess oil.

It took me longer to type this than it does to clean one of my revolvers. I shoot over a hundred rounds every trip the range. I clean them when I think about it. They work every time I shoot them.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries