View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 03:31 PM   #32
droptrd

White Lithium works great in slides. I use grease on everything including my 1911. I use lithium based wheel bearing grease. It works awesome. The key to WL as well as most greases, is a thin coat is all that is required. Usually for me, a drop the size of a BB per rail.

I also use motor oil for gun oil. Its much better than any "gun" labled oil ive used - though the Slip 2K EWL is a great product. Im also currently using a sample of the Slip 2K EWG grease. Its really good as well. Its a thinner consistancy (NGLI grade 0)than WBG (NGLI grade 2). Im not seeing any difference in performance between it and WBG. The SLip 2000 stuff is great but for the price and availability ill stick with automotive products in the future.

If a person wants to purchase the expensive "gun" lubricants, more power to them. Most of the higher end lubes on the market are fine products. But for someone to say auto and industrial lubes are no good for firearms because they dont say "gun" on the lable, thats rediculous.

Also, and Im sorry to say, alot of the popular "gun" lubes out there are just repackaged consumer grade lubes. 3 in 1 is not better than mobil 1 synthetic. Just sayin.....

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries