View Single Post
Old August 14, 2013, 08:05 PM   #3
cdoc42

Thanks, Unclenick, my experience here is you can always be counted on to clarify the issues. That certainly puts a different pitch on my perspective - and enthusiasm - for these bullets. I had Moly'd bullets for years and I simply could not appreciate any advantage. When cleaning the rifles, any copper I might have missed I feared might have been buried in the black soot I could never completely eradicate. I had a sub-MOA 7mm STW that began producing groups out to 2" no matter what I did, and after I spent one solid WEEK constantly cleaning it I gave up and got rid of the rifle. I was convinced the moly had something to do with it so I stopped doing the process. Now I hope I'm not repeating this process, but with no black.

But we'll see. Before I checked these threads I picked up a box each of 150gr in .270 and 160gr in 7mm, just because, as I said earlier, these bullets seem long and I'm intrigued about experimenting to see if I can get better groups in 2 of my .270's that just shoot between 1-1.5" and my Browning 7mm which has not been able to like a powder since H870 was taken off the market.

Thanks again for your input.

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries