View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 10:36 PM   #15
Winchester_73

Quote:
There was an influx of WW2 era Star B models that were made for German troops, rear troops and police officers.

I believe the were 300+ and came from Russia as seized weapons.
A lot of the Nazi marked Star model Bs are fake. During WWII, Bulgaria ordered Star model B 9mm parabellum pistols (which resemble 1911s), and Star the same pistol for Bulgarians as the Germans, with the same markings after they completed the German pistol contract. The Germans added a crude Waffenamt to them. Some years (decades) ago, an importer (a crook) acquired a large number of Bulgarian examples and added fake "WaA251" waffenamt markings to them. Many people were duped then, and people are still duped by these. The only way to tell for sure is by serial range.

I wasn't sure Kev, if you were referring to the Bulgarian ones which were imported, or a discovery of a cache of actual German examples. I would think a cache of unaccountered for German contract examples would be a very special find. I never heard of what you are mentioning, specifically. Do you have any other info? Were these German examples import marked? (I assume they would have been).

Last edited by Winchester_73; May 23, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries