Thread: Recoil pad.
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2012, 03:57 PM   #22
tAKticool

LimbSaver completely changed my shotgun and views on them

I just wanted to chime in here.

My experience with shotguns was always only a few shots here and there. First time I cranked off 250 rounds or more was in like end-of-nice-weather-season 08, end summer early fall something like that. My buddy had a hankering, so he took me to a public shotgun skeet range here in Jersey (It took us like 3 weeks to find one, the first trip out we drove an hour to find it was closed permanently, [we considered shooting anyway but didnt want to tempt it, i mean it was in the middle of the woods and all who wouild we bothered, nthing actually "closed" or anything right? lol], second next weekend, we were pitched to find they wouldnt allow lead shot, only non toxic steel, and we had like 500 rounds of freshly bought lead birdshot. finally third trip we found o0ne)... and we went to town.

I should mention, I assumed he had a thing to shoot out the orange things. LOL I am told, they're called clays or skeets or traps or whatever not orange things, and we got another orange ething to throw them. As in, a plastic little hook thing to manually throw thm. Oh how quaint. And he breaks out his "baby!!!" a 13-15 year old , over under, busted shotgun with a crack in the handle of the stock. I am not at all comfortable with this because it seems like its an older shotgun to begin with (his first), its looking broken and Im afraid it could rbeak big time during fire. Oh so he breaks out his "Remington 1100" - apparently his stepdad (a retired police captain and force XO) bought it in the 70s as he wanted the "best" and that was it at the time, the latest in autoloading shotgun technology.

Well that shotgun was amazing. IT was so soft shooting and so smooth I had no idea that a 12 gauge would hurt in a pump and buckshot etc. Shooting the 1100 with birdshot/target loads was a pleasure.

Well fast forward a couple years. My M930SPX with buckshot downright wasn't fun. I mean I was getting it hard, and I didn't really enjoy shooting it. And I also thought, I am not so sure I could now regard this a my HD weapon because, it's not easy to shoot or control for me (Im not such a big dude at 5'8" 140-150lb) and I dont want to hesitate at the moment or get knocked off target/hurt after the moment.

LimbSaver changed everything- I had read a lot of great things, figured it couldn't hurt for like $40 bucks and man, did it make a difference. HUGE Difference!!

My M930SPX now would be my weapon of choice on point for a SEAL Team if I was in that line of work. I mean it was so awesome, I am fully fine with magazine tube after magazine tube fulled of 00 buck, then 100 rounds of Birdshot straight throiugh, at the range. I also added an Aimpoint Micro and I'm crazy great with it now. Not to brag or toot my own horn, but my retired cop Dad even said, you look like you're some special forces type with that thing. AWESOME. I would not buy another shotgun without added a LimbSaver, and I will someday be adding a Benelli Supernova Tactical, probably comfortech, it'll also get a LimbSaver, and the M590A1, when I get that It'll have em too.

Page generated in 0.04101 seconds with 8 queries