View Single Post
Old December 8, 2011, 05:25 PM   #17
BGutzman

Quote:
It is my guess that your research was probably biased in favour of your own views.
Actively looking up stuff that is about gun suppression will give you an informed opinion, sure, but only informed on one side of the arguement.

Still I may be wrong and if you tell me you took steps to make your research as even handed and objective as possible, looking at all the reasons for and against gun ownership, setting aside your own personal views and focusing only on the UK, then I'll believe you...
Its already posted in this forum just search for my name..... and by the way yes I did look at both sides.

Do I believe that gun control is always wrong: absolutely, if you cant be trusted with a firearm then you dont need to be on the street either... IMHO if your not in prison you have a inalienable right to bear arms.... The law disagrees but I dont think the founding fathers would have but then again if you did something serious they had a tendancy to hang you... really reduced repeat crimes...

Quote:
I could argue that the UK is more free because we can actually buy a drink from a shop without having to show id, despite being old and grey etc... We can go on demos without getting pepper sprayed (although the Met police have been sailing close to the wind there, with kettling techniques). In the UK, people can marry who they like, even if they are the same gender. I don't believe all States do in the USA. All valid examples of freedom, IMHO.
Beer wont save your life, a firearm properly employed and used can. Our constitution was based on natural law as I believe your rights used to be (I could be wrong on your rights).... Natural law is abhorent of some things you name but not a proper place to discuss here. Freedom by its nature must include the right to protect yourself so that you can live...

Page generated in 0.02001 seconds with 8 queries