View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Will Beararms

The cheapest semi-auto I would look at would be the the Remington SPR453-----they are made by Baikail (SP) in Russia and can still be had for prices in the sub $400 range.

Otherwise, I would find a used Beretta, Benelli or Browning that is owned by someone on a financial bind needing to get rid of it. I would pay no more than $500.00. $500 is well below value but cash talks when the cupboard is empty or the car note is over due.

Otherwise, you are gambling with ticking time bombs. I am a voracious duck hunter and call for other hunters. I have seen them all and some of the brands that will be mentioned in replies where are iffy at best. You will hear many extol the virtues of the less expensive Turkish semi's. I say run one like we run a shotgun and get back to me.

Think what I am telling you is not possible? I picked up a pristine Browning Gold for $540 all total. The shotgun retailed at meglomart sports emporiums for $799.00 it it's day. The gun must be cleaned every other trip to function properly but other than that, it is flawless. (FYI, Browning Golds get a lot of bad press and rightly so but it is because they must be cleaned frequently to hold up to frequent use in a duck blind.)

Page generated in 0.03994 seconds with 8 queries