View Single Post
Old September 2, 2008, 07:28 PM   #17
ForneyRider

Quote:
Yep, I noticed that my shoulder liked these loads much better even if the rifle didn't! I got the 7mm RM 4064 data off the chart that came with my Lee dies, they list all kinds of powders and loads, but I see know why most sources aren't listing IMR 4064, it's just not very efficient. I'm in agreement with your velocities, that's where my barrels seem to perform best, so I think I will try w760 and re22 as you guys have suggested.

By the way, I'm by no means married to IMR powders, just happen to have some old (20+ years) stuff I want to use up before purchasing new. I think back then my reloading shop owner was an staunch IMR man. Been a while since I've been into the loading game, and I notice lots of new powders out there along with the old favorites. Thanks everyone for steering me the right way.

Also a funny aside, Unclenick, my 4064 "metered" perfectly, as I have always just weighed every load. I started loading in high school when "those fancy powder throwers" were just not in the budget and I suppose I just got used to it. That was almost 20 years ago and I really haven't loaded since until very recently. My brother, who now loads with me, almost blew a gasket when he found out how inexpensive they are now as he was loading 60 rounds for his M4 weighing every charge. He was incredulous I had never purchased one...So I think I may see a powder measure appear on the bench in the near future....

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys, please keep'em coming if you have any more ideas. I'll post results as available...
Yea. When I first started last year, I used powder, primers and dies that were 20yo. IMR and Alliant powder in cardboard containers.

Page generated in 0.02673 seconds with 8 queries