View Single Post
Old January 30, 2010, 07:10 AM   #41
CajunBass

Quote:
Please give me an idea of under what circumstances you open carry. Do you actually walk around in public crowds and such? Whay kind of responses do you get? Police response?
Question 1. Most any and all. I probably open carry about half the time.

Question 2. Yes. I actually walk around in crowds and such. If by "in crowds" you mean restraunts, convience stores, "on the street" and such places as that.

Question 3. Almost none. In five years of off and on open carry I've had maybe a half dozen people mention the gun. Most responses are along the line of "can I do that to?" "Is that a Colt?". The most negeative thing I've ever heard was "Excuse me. Your pistol is cocked." I explained that it was a 1911 and was designed to be carried "cocked and locked". The person replied "Oh. I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday." We both went back to pumping our gas.

Question 4. None. Never had a LEO say a word. From standing behind me in the line at Hardee's (open carried Makarov) to one who pulled up to an office complex in response to a burglar alarm, as I was picking up a courier package (Ruger Bearcat that time). He asked me "Did you see anything going on around here?" I told him "nope." He thanked me and got back in his car. I suppose they must get a lot of false alarms from that place. I crashed a motorcycle once. I handed the deputy my D/L and my CHP at the same time (I was open carrying at the time. S&W 39-2, 9mm). He glanced at both, handed back the CHP, never mentioned the gun, and started writing down the DL info.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries