View Single Post
Old June 5, 2012, 10:18 PM   #10
SavageSniper

The pelletgun will do the trick just fine. I have a Stoeger .177 that I have killed squirrels out to 50 yrds with head shots. As an earlier poster stated, body shots are iffy at best though. What I have found with the body shots you need to be 20 to 25 yards to drop them DRT with a chest shot. I shot one thru both lungs and the critter ran like nothing was wrong. He went up a tree then ran thru 2 more trees before giving up. .22 pellet rifles are about the same as a .177 IMO. On a side note. My Air rifle is advertised at 1200 fps. Thats with alloy pellets. Forget about using them. They are as load as a standard .22. They also do not perform as good as the lead pellets that travel slower ( around 900 fps) in the same rifle. I did a simple test with mine. I filled 2 16 oz aluminum beer bottle and 2 16 oz coke bottle with water and put the tops back on them. Shot both with a cheap crossman hollow point lead pellet and also with the expensive alloy pellets. At 20 yards the lead pellets opened up both like a 22 would. The alloy went thru the alluminum bottle but half the damage of the lead and did not go thru the plastic bottle.

Page generated in 0.02341 seconds with 8 queries