Thread: Tactical Folder
View Single Post
Old November 28, 1998, 02:55 PM   #8
Hilton

I have owned all three of the knives in question in right handed configurations.

The Sebenza has all the ergonomics of a stick and an annoying pointy thumbstud. That said, it also has THE strongest lockup of any folder, outstanding fit and finish, and edgeholding that exceeds that of any stainless knife I've yet to encounter. The blade/edge geometry is extremely efficient.

The Crawford Kasper is a BIG knife. Too big, in fact, to be comfortably worn in the pocket. A sheath was included, but if you're going to the hassle of a sheath, then wear a small fixed blade. It felt ok in the hand, but really didn't cause much excitement in me for the price tag. The workmanship was not what I'd hope for out of a $350+ knife. I've since parted ways with the knife.

The Emerson Commander is the least expensive of the three, and is what I carry if I wear a folder. The Commander's Wave feature makes it almost as quick to deploy as a fixed blade, and the blade sports a deep belly for efficient cutting. The only problem with this knife is that it really should be carried in your right front pocket (or left rear) so that the blade is held shut by the seam. The blade opens too easily for me to trust it otherwise. Edge holding of the ATS-34 blade is average.

The final choice, as far as I'm concerned, is only between Commander and Sebenza. The former is the fastest deploying folder available and is a pretty good all around user knife. The latter is slower to deploy, but sports the best blade and lockup in the industry.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries