View Single Post
Old December 22, 2009, 10:03 AM   #8
45Gunner

If I were you, I would avoid the classroom situation and find yourself a good, private instructor. A couple of hours will cost the same as the boring, teach nothing but check off the square, class.

Download the gun laws for your State and read them. Ask for clarification, if needed. Most instructors will not get into teaching the finite points of the law because they are not lawyers and don't want to get sued down the road because they were quoted by a student.

My partner and I teach CCW classes. We do indeed check off the squares but we do way more than the required four hours. We discuss all the aspects of CCW, why to carry, and why you should not. We don't teach law but we do discuss it. We teach home firearms safety and how to select the right gun for the individual. We also give each student one included hour of individual range instruction and recommend more, if needed.

We don't do this for the money. We do it because we believe in the second amendment rights and we want to be on the streets with safe, responsible, gun owners and CCW's. We are retired and enjoy what we do. The last thing we wanted to be called is a Permit Factory.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 8 queries