View Single Post
Old January 8, 2014, 03:05 PM   #28
mikld

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T. Watts
The primer needs to be below flush, the ONLY way that happens is a primer pocket uniformer. There are some tools indespensible this is one of them! William

This was my point yesterday. Inevitably, some primer pockets are not uniform. This will cause the primers to not seat fully. I used to use a primer pocket reamer to aid with getting the primers fully seated, but that did not always work. The primer pocket uniformer in this kit works awesome:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

If you want consistent loads, which chamber well in your automatic pistol, this tool is invaluable.

Don't know how you guys seat/install primers, but in 30 years of puttin' primers in pockets I have had no problems seating primers in "un-uniformed" pockets. I don't remember the last failure to fire due to a mis-seated primer, it's been many years. I disregard "below flush dimensions", I just seat primers all the way to the bottom of the pocket. Works quite well in my semi-autos (even my M1 Garand), revolvers, and single shots so a Primer Pocket Uniformer is of no value to me...

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries