View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 02:34 PM   #24
FrankenMauser

Quote:
It is also required in my current state of residence. In fact a certain sq. in. amount is required. I guess in the area where I deer hunted last time, the game officials didn't have enough to do as I was stopped twice in the same day to check my license. The second time, I was done hunting, had unloaded my rifle and was walking back to my cabin with my orange hat off. I still had a long orange jacket, and orange gloves on yet was chastised by the game commission officer for not wearing my hat and not having enough sq. in. of orange on. I explained I was NOT hunting, that I was travelling back to my domicile with my rifle unloaded, slung over my arm. He said it did'nt matter, that I could be written up anyway. He let me go with a verbal warning, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.
Utah's blaze orange laws follow that same concept - that it doesn't matter if you're hunting, or not.

In fact, anyone in the area, during blaze-orange-required hunting seasons (and in legal hunting areas) is required to wear it. Very few non-hunters comply, and the wardens leave them alone. But, the letter of the law says it IS required.

Page generated in 0.03010 seconds with 8 queries