View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 06:02 PM   #30
HighStrung

Grubbylabs-I totally understand what you mean here. The two examples I gave were early on in her training (which is why she was pulling at the leash anyway). We're at the point now, where she walks loose leash (we could take her off and she'd stay beside me the entire way but it's against our community covenent). If I took her out today, there is no pulling, not for another dog, cat, bicycle, or as you mentioned T-bone. I respect where you were coming from as it sounded like our dog wasn't fully trained by the fact that she even attempted to slip her collar. As for the electric collars, though may have used them successfully, I don't agree with shocking a dog, I feel that there are other ways to train. Great post though, thanks for the input.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second does not become the legalized version of the first.” Thomas Jefferson
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.02016 seconds with 8 queries