View Single Post
Old November 2, 2009, 10:22 PM   #1
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

Lee 358-158 RF in 9MM...possible???

OK fellas...here are the results. I used a COL of 1.08" for all 3 my loads (10 rds each...5 to test cycling reliabilty and 5 for accuracy). This seated the bullet just barely touching the lands. A little concerned, I started with a mild load of 2.3 grains HP-38 (same as Win 231 in case you don't know). This load did not cycle the pistol at all. Stovepipe city! Primers looked just fine...no other excessive pressure signs. My next load was 2.5 grains. A little better here, but not quite enough oomph to cycle it yet. No pressure signs here either. Finally, 2.7 grains cycled the gun reliably with still no pressure signs. I would not be afraid to even bump it up another .2-.3 grains. Were they accurate? Well I shot this 5 shot group after I shot the initial 5 to test functionality. I shot this group at 10 yards, without my glasses...LOL! Probably couldn't do much better with my glasses! Leading was non-existant. One pass with the bore brush left the bore shiny and clean. In case you can't read the writing on the target:

11/1/09
9mm
Boolit: Lee 358-158 RF
Sized to .358" ( my Sig slugs at .3565")
Lars Carnauba Red lube
HP-38/Win 231 at 2.7 grains
COL: 1.080"
Distance: 10yds
5 shots
Sig Sauer P228

WARNING: This is not published load data. Experiment at your own risks. All firearms are different. Individual results may vary.

Good Luck!

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~

Page generated in 0.04527 seconds with 8 queries