View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Misssissippi Dave

WSF (Winchester Super Field) powder probably will work well for what you are wanting to do. It works best from mid level to the top end in 9 mm. You will find powder manufacture's will normally have load data on their web sites. I suggest getting a chronograph or find someone with one to test your loads to make certain the meet the power factor you need for competition.

There are several powders you can use to load 9 mm ammo with. Pistol Powder does work well but many complain about the amount of flash you get with it. When shooting at an indoor range you notice these things more than you would shooting in full day light outside.

I prefer a mild load for plinking and general range use. The mild loads I can shoot all day long and not feel the worst for wear. They are also easier on the pistol and the brass.

Some powders work better for lead or plated bullets than others. Some powders also work better for jacketed bullets. Which bullet do you plan to use for plinking and practice? Which bullet do you plan to use for competition?

Page generated in 0.03019 seconds with 8 queries