View Single Post
Old October 11, 2009, 04:38 AM   #23
Venom1956

No... you can have a suppressed semi auto... the loudest thing will be the action working. which depending on the model can be quite silent. you can also install buffers in certain makes to reduce the noise of the slide rebounding. the bolt on a Ruger with a good buffer would seem potentially quieter then a slide to me, anyone agree?

-would a pump action .22 rifle be real quiet with a silencer?
why not? your going to make noise pumping it. probably similar to semi action working

-can a semiautomatic handgun be modified to not blowback and instead be cocked every time?
yes... its called a slide lock I think several have replied to your original inquiry.

-is there a handgun or small rifle that can chamber a load fast (not break action) w/out releasing noise?
anytime you have moving parts or loading on a firearm it will make noise. What exactly are you trying to do? your questions are confusing.

-is there any current production revolvers(w/ threaded barrel) that seal between the barrel and chamber?
Not to my knowledge its a complex and unnecessary that requires specially made cartridges . PS you can get any barrel threaded. Just take it to a good smith.

Page generated in 0.02316 seconds with 8 queries