View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I had some, used it in my M1 till it was gone then stripped the gun down and did a good hot water wash and re-lubed. All but one cartridge was good, the one I didn't shoot had corrosion around the base so I just tossed it. They shot to point of aim the same as my my 1950's ammo did so it was good practice ammo.

If you do pull the bullets I would suggest as jimro said and dump the powder on your lawn or down the toilet and use your own load. The army ammo was specially formulated and you will not duplicate it perfectly so better to just go with what you know works. Old powder dry and sealed in a sealed cartridge is one thing, spilled out into the open air and exposed to the elements makes me a little leery. Never reuse pulled powder.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries