View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 06:09 AM   #54
Tinner666

"Double Action Only pistols cock and release the hammer on each trigger pull. It seems that this would create a heavier and longer trigger pull. I'm not too fond of that idea. Just from my understanding and limited experience, it would seem that I would need quite a bit of practice to really become proficient at using a double action pistol due to that heavy trigger.
A 'Tune-up' can adjust the pull to whatever you want it to be. Very soft, silky and smoothe.

DA/SA pistols are able to cock and fire on the first trigger pull (which is heavier), but also have the ability to single action fire every consecutive action. The difference between is the ability to cock and fire on the first trigger pull, which the single action cannot do, and the ability to single fire on each consecutive shot, which the double action cannot do. A DA/SA pistol also has the ability to be cocked manually as a single action pistol can, so that each shot will be a single action shot. A Beretta 92 functions in this way.

Both my S&W's operate this way. I was used to it, I thought, but WTSHF, I blew the 2nd. shot! Luckily, the first went where it was needed and the second wasn't as necessary. If it had been, I would have been in a heap of trouble. I switched to 'tuned' GLocks which I never liked the look of either, but they do grow on you.
Not necessarily pushing Glock as much as I'm pointing out the action examples and differences. I believe the G is Striker, as opposed to DAO.
I also own and sometimes carry a couple of tuned DAO revolvers.

Page generated in 0.02592 seconds with 8 queries