View Single Post
Old November 14, 1999, 04:17 AM   #1
H&K Fan

You know it will be ugly when you are at the range the day before deer season opens. Sure enough, it was. While gun handling was much better than it has been in the past, once every one was back from the targets it sounded like a war. Had a goodtime outshooting a fellow using a .22 revolver on "my" Sprite plastic bottle while I was using the Colt .45 ACP. Just had to put some rounds downrange and didn't feel like annoying the neighbors with the noise of shooting several boxes worth of .45 rounds.
Defining H&K moment: It was dark, I had gathered all my stuff up and was about to leave when a 13 or 14 year old boy wanted to know what kind of rifle I had. I patted the forestock of my short, tactically slung comrade and said "Only an H&K 91 in .308 - just another deer rifle, that's all." Should have seen the look he gave me. You would have thought I just came from Mars.
The sad point to me is once all our current stock wears out (I figure well after my own demise), who will then get to introduce new shooters to the joys of using "high" capacity
serious calibered rifles? Something to think and sleep on folks. Until then , I am just a simpe H&K fan.

Page generated in 0.03143 seconds with 8 queries