View Single Post
Old October 17, 2009, 08:22 PM   #14
gyrocfi

Not quite a hog ...

They're not quite a hog but, I have shot a javelina with a 22lr from a pistol. Put the round just between his left ear and eye, from 50 yards away. He couldn't get up but squealed and bled profusely until he received a 12 gauge finish.

I've always heard that a hog's skin is very similar to that of a humans. That a lighter faster round, with fragmentation, would be the ideal round.

I just joined this group and picked this particular thread hoping it had attracted avid hog hunters. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience hunting feral pigs in Iowa? I've never hunted them and would like to start. Maybe Iowa isn't the state for it but, it's where I live right now.
"Jesus said, 'But now whoever has a purse or a bag, must take it and whoever does not have a sword must sell his cloak and buy one.'" (Luke 22:36)
Guns I own: Colt Commander in 45; Stag H2 M4; Colt AR-15 HB; Remington 870 Tactical; Ruger Mk-2 Gov. Target; SKS.
Guns I want: Springfield XD-45 in OD; DSA SA58TAC; Accuracy International AW-308.

Page generated in 0.02256 seconds with 8 queries