Thread: 3 choices left
View Single Post
Old August 11, 2008, 04:55 AM   #1
AF_Reloader

3 choices left

I know, I know, yet ANOTHER IWB holster thread, but I've narrowed my choices down to three. I'm carrying a S&W M&P 9mm (standard), and I'm looking for your opinions (especially if you own a M&P 9 and one of these holsters!):

1. K&D Dakota Defender
Big fan of the leather. Also has a suede backing for comfort. Only two concerns are on how thick the backing is overall, and how comfortable this is going to be to wear in NorCal in the summer (100+ degrees). By far the best looking holster, even though no one is going to see it but me!

2. Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC
As stated on the site, Kydex isn't all that skin-friendly, but great for reholstering (which is the only concern I have with leather). The Kydex is very thin (.090"), which means a slim profile--I already have 1.2" of 9mm at my side. The Adjustable Cant is just awesome. Not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as the Dakota, but this is for my concealed weapon.

3. Crossbreed Super-Tuck
A very simple design. Two guys I've talked to love their Super-Tucks, but I have one big problem with them--I don't like the open-ended holster. The other two are full-length, and I like that a lot. I might have just talked myself out of this one, but I'd like comments about them if you have one.

So if you have a 9mm and one of these three, or just one of these three with ANY handgun, I'd like to hear your opinion. I know personal size plays into this, but I guess I'd consider myself average (5'9" 184 lbs w/slight "whiskey handles"). I wanted to get this ordered while I'm over playing in the sand, so that it's waiting for me when I get home (or at least somewhere in the process). Thanks!

Frank

"...that other sentiment, dear to every true American heart,
—Liberty and Union, now and for ever, one and inseparable!"

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries