View Single Post
Old February 10, 2014, 10:55 AM   #22
SSG_Tipton

1911 Remington Rand

I got a funny, and true, story for you...as an MP Sergeant in Heidleburg, West Germany in the mid-70's, I was the NCOIC (Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge) of providing security for the Commander in Chief (CINC), Deputy CINC, and Chief of Stall for US Army Europe and Seventh Army. My issue .45 was a Remington Rand. I had never fired that particular weapon, since there is no zeroing fixed sights, so when we qualified on the range, the MP company just grabbed a bunch of pistols, and off we went. One morning during the guard mount, the Patrol Supervisor was doing inspection, and looked at the pistol that I had. He yelled that it was filthy, and asked me when I had last cleaned it. I responded with "I have never cleaned it, Sergeant". He said "Why not"? I said "It's not my assigned pistol. Mine would not fire on the range yesterday due to a broken firing pin, so I was just issued this one a few minutes ago". He Yelled (why do higher-ranking Sergeants always have to yell? I was only 3 feet away!) "Whose is it"? I responded "It is the First Sergeant's pistol!" Top just turned and went back into his office!

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 8 queries