View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 11:11 AM   #42
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Irwin
once again just about any medications can cause severe side effects.
So if a side effect of SSRIs happens to be (in very rare cases) homicidal behavior, that's just another severe side effect? Nothing to see here, move along?

Not directly on-topic, but there's an interesting report about the VA tech shooter, available by googling for "mental health history of cho site:virginia.gov".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Irwin
I would like to see someone like Breggin or Tom Cruise ( h is intense training as an actor makes him qualified to comment on such matters apparently) locked in a room with a violent, delusional schizophrenic and see how long it takes them to ask for psychiatric drugs for their charge.
Tom Cruise's opinion on psychiatry is driven by his cult religion. I don't think Breggin would object to the use of drugs to manage your hypothetical patient, but he'd probably argue that long-term treatment should focus on therapy rather than drugs.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 8 queries