View Single Post
Old November 15, 2005, 01:00 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

I was with you, JohnKSa. I thought churches came off after 2001. Also, no Biblical backing saying one should or can carry in church or should not or cannot carry in church. However, it could be interpreted that anytime Jesus preached to those who would listen, many who were part of various armies and armed, would constitute an OK for carrying in church since Jesus was essentially holding church services. Of course, that is something of a stretch justification.

Asked by Doug's friends...
Quote:
"why don't you have your gun on at church! What is some islamic terrorist runs in here. we need you to help us out man! The law says you can carry in church unless it has a 30.06 sign saying you can't. That's what the law says, man. I read it myself."
You know Doug, you might want to consider changing churches or only hang out with those folks in the church like-minded with you. Your fellow church goers apparently have a fear of being attacked by Islamic terrorists, but aren't going to be bothered with getting training, getting a CHL, defending themselves or anyone else. From the sounds of it, they aren't going to be aiding you either. They just want to sit back and not worry about things because they will be able to relax knowing you will fight to protect them.

Chances are, Doug, that your fellow church members fear of being attacked by Islamic terrorists is not terribly justified compared to more common threats here in the US. If you do a few Google searches on key terms such as church and murder, attack, burn, bomb, domestic dispute, shooting, etc., most dangerous threats are usually by a person or persons who have a particlar problem with the church itself or members of the congregation. The only terroristic attacks on US churches that I know about are those burning and bombing events between the 1950s and 1990s, many of which were the product of domestic terrorism such as by the KKK. That isn't to say that the church won't be attacked by Islamic terrorists, only that such a possibility hasn't happened yet here in the US, but many other types have happened and continue to happen.

As for folks being offended by carrying in church, they should have no reason to be offended if you do a proper job of keeping your gun concealed. They won't be offended by that which they have no knowledge.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries