View Single Post
Old September 3, 2012, 08:08 PM   #20
10-96

I hope that's just a fluke you're having. If not, that might shake a lot of work I put into some of my own loading.

I shot a lot of the .223 Monarch (Academy brand PPU), I was very pleased with it's performance. It mirrored my handloads using Winchester brass. On a whim, I weighed the PPU, PPN, Winchester, LC, FC Nato, Remington, and Federal cases for weight and water capacity. I don't have the numbers here in front of me, but the PPU, PPN, and Winchesters were all within two or three tenths on averages for weight and had about the same results for water capacity.

I know you're running a 30-30, but just maybe they tend to not only run softer in the brass, but thicker as well. Who knows, there may be other issues at hand with them as well. And I do believe PPU tends to load ammo a little hotter than their U.S. counterparts, but that's just a suspicion on my part.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that on a whole, I really like the PPU stuff I've worked with so far.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03153 seconds with 8 queries