Thread: sig p238 vs ?
View Single Post
Old December 28, 2010, 08:55 AM   #6
AK103K

I had a P238 and it was trouble from the git go. It appears they may be getting them straightened out, but I'd wait until you dont hear anymore, or at least, very few complaints.

I also have a couple of P230's, which is the P232's predecessor. Basically the same guns, just very minor differences. They really arent small, but they were really the only true SIG compact until the P238 showed up. Both my P230's are reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot with. I dont think you'd be disappointed, but I think they are probably a little big, especially if you want to stuff one in your pocket.

If youre looking for something in the size range of the P238, I'd look at either the Seecamp LWS .32, or the Ruger LCP. Of those two, I'd take the Seecamp without hesitation. I have both, and while the Ruger works, and works well, its just not a Seecamp.

For any of the above, Id seriously look at a Smart Carry holster. It will easily carry anything youve seen listed in the thread. The boy who makes them actually carries a GM 1911 with one. A little big for how I dress, but he seems to not have troubles. The biggest I've carried in one, has been a P230 or P239. I usually carry my Seecamp in one.

These are one of the most concealable and comfortable holsters I've worn. You dont need a cover garment, you dont even need a shirt, and you can easily wear one while wearing your scrubs, and no one would be the wiser.

Page generated in 0.02657 seconds with 8 queries