View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Hemicuda

HELP ME HARLEY - Factory Mauser sporter...

I have, in my posession, what fully appears to be a FACTORY mauser Sporter, but which I can find NO information on...

the SIDE of the action, above woodline has "FOREST" stamped into the front ring, left side, and below the side cut, it says "WAFFEN FRANKONIA-WUERZBURG"

the barrel is marked .308W (.308 Winchester is the caliber)

the UNDERSIDE of the barrel, side of the magazine housing/trigger guard, bolt, and underside of the action all have "365" stamped into them...

the safety (Bueller style), trigger, & bolt shroud, all have a "1" inside a small box on them...

the floorplate has a side-swing lever to open it, and the rear sight is built/machined INTO the barrel assembly where it is still enlarged for the chamber, and it has a tall "checkered" rear site blade... front sight is an express ramp style...

Checkering on the stock is hand cut but of VERY high quality, and is oil finished, with a small "european" cheekpiece...

overall fit and finish is EXCELLENT, with EXTREMELY smooth, shiny deep black bluing, and almost NO signs of wear... and also NO signs of ever having been refinished... (my father and I are WELL versed in OLD winchesters, and are quite good at spotting refinishing)

I am suspecting that it might be an Europen "Guild Gun" but can find nothing on this thing...

Do you have any idea what this thing is? or the history behind it?

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.

Page generated in 0.02390 seconds with 8 queries