View Single Post
Old May 29, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1
teedles915

Totally concealed

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys give me....

I own a Glock 19 and hopefully will be taking my Concealed Carry class in the next few months, so I have a while to make my decision as to where and how I want to carry. I am in the situation where I will have to have a tucked shirt on 60% of the time due to work, and it is very important to me to make sure that the Glock will be as concealed as possible. I have looked at a lot of options and some of the tuckabel hosters look like wonderful products but most (if not all) still have some kind of hook or clip that is visible if a person looks hard enough. So I am stuck trying to figure out what to do. Here are the options I have though of so far. I would love your opinion on each...

Thunderwear/ Smart carry holster- I have a few worries here, the first and biggest one is I looks like when I sit the Gun will be pointed at the person sitting across from me. To me pointing a gun at another person, is not something that I am willing to do. The second worry here is the speed of draw. I know the speed of draw is going to be slower with any totally concealed method, but considering I wear a belt everyday it's not so easy for me to pull the front of my pants out to access the weapon.

Shoulder Holster- Having never had experience with them is my biggest negative here. Most shoulder harnesses look bulky to me, again something I can not take a risk on. Also it seems that most people who wear them do so over their shirt with a jacket it on, if this is a neccesity these would definitely be a no go.

Belly Band Worn High- I don't think my body would work well with the traditional belly band because I am built like a penguin. My belly sticks out already so wearing a band with a gun in it probably isn't gonna work. But I was thinking, it might be possible to wear the band higher like across the chest, and rotating it so that it producesa cross draw like a traditional shoulder rig. Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may have.

T.W.

Page generated in 0.02469 seconds with 8 queries