View Single Post
Old July 19, 2007, 12:14 PM   #127
gcfennell

Thank you!!

Thank you all guys for such good reviews so far. (I won't even say "I told ya"... ). You'll all experience even more values to the Weapon Shield in time.

Let me answer a couple of questions some had.

Quote:
One question: What is the temperature tollerance? Always wonder this. Thanks.
-75C to Burn-Off, which is usually around 500F prox. What you WILL notice in repetative firing, is that the Weapon Shield can literally "vapor off" due to intense heat, but the advanced boundary film (ABF) remains, continually lubricating and preventing seizure. We've actually set the forward wood grips of AKM's and AK-47's on FIRE...with no disfunction (needless to say we had on welders gloves). Yeah...we had a few "cook-offs" too

Quote:
How well do the silicone and Weapon Shield work together. If repeated applications of weapon shield build more layers of protection and lubrication, does the silicone cloth interfere with the process?
No...not at all. The Weapon Shield's ABF Technology is surface reactive. It competes for the surface and wins against other products and technologies. There are no "laminate layers" caused by the Weapon Shield...just 1 surface matrix on each surface of the opposing metals in contact. That may be a little hard to visualize, but imagine that every time you clean and lube with the WS, it strips and removes all other substances and replenishes its own boundary film (which is only a few microns thick). But the question is "do you really need the silicone?" IMHO...not necessary.

Thanks again guys and keep em coming.
Best regards,
George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com

Page generated in 0.03563 seconds with 8 queries