View Single Post
Old September 29, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Gdawgs

Tried Trail Boss with rifle cartridge

I just recently learned that you can use Trail Boss powder with pretty much any cartridge/bullet combination. I'm guessing it probably won't produce enough pressure to cycle semi-autos, but works with pretty much anything else. I am going to try loading up some 9mm, 40, and maybe some 45ACP just to see if it works, but not too many.

So anyway, I have a Remington XP-100 chambered in 35 Remington, so I figured I'd give it a try with the Trail Boss. Since there is no load data for that caliber and bullet(200 gr jacketed), I just followed the instructions on the web site. I didn't get a chance to do any accuracy testing or chrony work(no idea how fast they are going), but I was able to hit all the little steel targets I was aiming at. They are definitely reduced loads from standard ones, but still seemed to have plenty of zip. I let my 8 yr old son shoot it and he loved it.

I think this has some real practical applications. For example you could download some large rifle cartridges like a 300 Win mag(or whatever) and a smaller kid could use it for deer hunting.

I see lots of playing around with this in my future.

Page generated in 0.04807 seconds with 8 queries