View Single Post
Old June 24, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Joe_Pike

The Police Just Left My House, Part II

Christmas morning I posted that someone had tried to break into my house. The police arrested the guy who turned out to be really drunk and really lucky that he didn't get in. It turned out well as I really didn't want to end up having to shoot someone. That is an experience that I can live without.

However, the experience taught me that I could function and do what I needed to do under that stressful situation.

Well, this morning, about 3:30 am, I had someone else attempt to break in. The guy that tried to break in early Christmas morning broke a pane of glass out of the door that leads out to the carport. I'm assuming he was trying to unlock the deadbolt, which is keyed on both sides, so he wasn't successful. I just filled the hole with cardboard as I wasn't sure whether I was going to replace the glass with wood or another pane of glass.

This time the scum punched the cardboard out of the hole. The noise woke me up. I grabbed a gun and the phone, went to a back bedroom and grabbed a bigger gun and flashlight. I came back into the original room I was in and looked down to the door to the carport and was watching the lowlife trying to get in. Again, lock is keyed on both sides, so, he wasn't successful.

I called 911 and they sent two units. As I was on the phone I was watching one (I think there were two of them) walk around under my carport. I told the 911 operator that they were still there, but by the time the police arrived they were gone. The police arrived within 2-3 minutes, but the guys had vanished (I have a sneaking suspicion that they live close).

The first time there was a huge adrenaline dump and a lot of emotion after everything was said and done. This time there wasn't much but controlled anger. I was very calm throughout. I waited until daylight to try and get some sleep in case they decided to come back. Now I'm headed to Home Depot to by supplies to reinforce the two back doors. If they are going to get in, they are going to have to work at it a little harder.

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries