Thread: .300
View Single Post
Old April 4, 2007, 06:31 PM   #13
rem33

Quote:
I've killed deer with both the 150- and 165-grain bullets. There was an exit wound for the majority of all hits
If I don't miss my guess here you hit in the heart lung area in the high 90% of the time too. Thats what counts the most more that this caliber or that this bullet or that, proper bullet placement.

I Killed a deer once that had already been wounded. She had stopped at 75 yards or so and was in a what you might call braced position when she stopped. She was standing sideways to me in a plowed field when I fired with my 150 grain cor-locts in 30-06.
I shot, deer didn't move a inch, as far as I could tell, but I saw dust fly up quite aways out in the field past the deer thru my scope. My thought was " how did I miss".
I chambered another round and fired again, deer went down like a dropped rock and I saw dust again. When we got to her the first thing I did was look at where I hit. She had two holes about 2 inches apart side by side right thru her ribcage. I had hit perfect both times but the first bullet passed without hitting a bone or rib and second one did.

Page generated in 0.02345 seconds with 8 queries